Sunday, August 22, 2010

Does anyone have any advice about taking out a student loan (and websites where I can apply)?

So I need to take out another loan for college, but I'm not sure which one to use. I'd like for it to be a student loan so I can wait until after college to pay it off (with lower interest rates), but I'd also like to take out a bigger loan to have some money for some other things. I was reading that college loans can only be used for tuition, room and board, etc., but I'd like to have extra money to get some new clothes (I haven't had new clothes yet, and I need them). I'd also like some for groceries for my room and maybe even laundry money. Anyway, is there a student loan where they don't actually know what you do with your money? Most people wouldn't consider groceries, gas money, and laundry money college expenses, but they really are to me. I plan to have a co-signer as well.


I am going to talk to the Business Office at my college tomorrow, but I don't really want to mention that I want some money for things that aren't considered ';college expenses.'; Thanks in advance!Does anyone have any advice about taking out a student loan (and websites where I can apply)?
The business office wont' be able to help you. You need to go the schools financial aid office. Find out if you have maxed out your student loan amounts. Are you receiving a PLUS loan? a Stafford Loan? a PERKINS loan? if not, find out why not. Do not go through a private company to take out a student loan. Here is a good publication regarding students loans.


One more thing, most students get jobs to pay for their living expenses. It is never a good idea to borrow money to live off of. Most college students are poor and wear old clothes and eat Ramen noodles... join the fun.


Good luck.Does anyone have any advice about taking out a student loan (and websites where I can apply)?
I noticed you asked about student loan information and I found some websites on this page that can help with just the question you asked. Just have a look for yourself鈥? http://www.shortenurl.com/5oodk

No comments:

Post a Comment