Saturday, July 31, 2010

I want to take up running. Any advice on Shoes, Magazines, Websites, Programs to follow?

Thanks! I have run a 5 k about 2 years ago but my goal was just to finish I have not run in months. I am hoping to run a half marathon in May. But I want some real advice to help me stick with running and to strengthen my body to get the most out of it.I want to take up running. Any advice on Shoes, Magazines, Websites, Programs to follow?
Go to a real pro for your shoes. Those have to be chosen properly to avoid injuries, and even more if you are planning long distances. I have had several injuries that stopped me for a few months by using shoes that were wrong for me.





And, that is very important, also to avoid injuries, give yourself some breaks. Dont run every day. Running is hard on joints, but if you give them time to recuperate, there shouldn't be any problem.





And if you are training hard, be sure to have a good intake of potassium (nuts, dried fruits, bananas), as this gets lost in transpiration. A low potassium concentration will give you muscle cramps. Also be sure to have a steady supply of vitamin E to prevent training fatigue.I want to take up running. Any advice on Shoes, Magazines, Websites, Programs to follow?
Thanks!

Report Abuse



runnersworld.com





Great training plans, advice, motivation, health, etc.
runnersworld.com it the best site I have found. there are also athletic stores that can help you with shoes and let you try them out on a treadmill. your shoes are the most important.there is also a website called www.roadrunnersports.com they have a lot of knowledge about shoes and will let you return shoes within 30 days even after trying them if they do not workout but the toll free number listed on their site, their sales people know about shoes and are not just there to make a sale. also www.coolruning.com has a lot of good information.Runners World also has a magazine
Watch COPS on tv. You will learn alot about running

No comments:

Post a Comment