Saturday, July 31, 2010

I have a serious lateness problem. Im late everywhere. any advice or websites or books anyone can suggest?

My advise is for you to sit down and take each situation that you have been late to, and dissect 'why' you have 'chosen' to be late. Apparently, you are uncomfortable about something (unless you just don't care). If you don't care about other people, then you need to figure out why! Respect is a great attribute! People are busy, and people rely on other people. You are sitting a stage, in your life, that will be very costly. You'll have trouble with your job, with relationships, with accomplishing goals, etc.. You are telling people that you cannot be accountable. That's a bad thing!





You don't need a website or aa book - you need to mature and look honestly at your shortcomings. If you learned one behavior, you can learn another behavior. I'm sure you're a bright person. If someone 'treated' you with the disrespect you're apparently treating them, you would tire of it quickly. So stop! Take control of your circumstance, and stop letting your circumstances take control of you! You have the same amount of time that everybody else has. It's all about priorities. Think about the other person instead of self. Selfishness is a great stumbling block. Be kind to other people. Look at their lives and see the burdens/responsibilites they carry. Try, by being punctional, to make their lives easier. It's wonderful to be the kind of person that people can count on. Trust me, you will have many more friends, and a much more productive life. Good luck.I have a serious lateness problem. Im late everywhere. any advice or websites or books anyone can suggest?
Well, first you have to determine WHY you are late to everything.





Do you wake up late? Go to bed earlier.





Stuck in traffic? Leave earlier. If you anticipate traffic, leave twenty minutes before you usually do. Better to show up early than late.





Cut out unnecessary things out of your day and stop procrastinating.





I am chronically early to everything - always getting to work twenty minutes before my scheduled shift, and still to this day, I have a fear that I am going to be late to something.I have a serious lateness problem. Im late everywhere. any advice or websites or books anyone can suggest?
get up ten minutes earlier


sorry didnt mean to be flippant


I think you have already taken the first step by admitting ittry and stop being detracted by other issues ,things take longer with multi tasking.


When I'm in Church on a Sunday, I can tell you now who is going to be late (But I wont mention names) it the same every week after week after week, so therefore your not alone.


Often I wonder if its stems from childhood, I used to shout at my father,';Better late than never'; he always shouted back ';Better never late'; and its stuck.
I dated a woman like that. She was late for everything. I would pick her up for a date and she had not even started getting ready yet. WOW, I knew from the start that she was not right for me, and when I told her we had to part, she said ';I will work on it, I promise, but I said, NO, it is not right for me to expect you to change for me. You are who you are. If you want to change for yourself then go for it, but if you are trying to please a man, forget it. He will find something else that he does not like.
I have a brother like you. Our father used to say he'd be late for his own funeral. He's 58 years old now and will still be late more often than not. You'll just have to work on the ones that being late causes problems, like work, try leaving a little earlier and to do that you may have to get up a littler earlier.
Set all your clocks (especially the one in your car) like 10 mins fast... also, you need to retrain your brain to realize that it takes more time for you to be ready and also more time to commute to where ever you're going.
I used to be a few minutes late everyday. I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier and within just a few days I adapted.


Also, if you find yourself getting distracted, tell yourself those things can wait.
try some on time management. or you could trick yourself into thinking that your appointment times are earlier than they really are to give you enough time to get there.
get ready an hour earlier so u dotn feel rushed and u can just watch tv or something. but depending on where ur going, give urself more then enough time. better early then being late.
Leave early.

No comments:

Post a Comment