Saturday, July 31, 2010

Good advice and/or websites for recovering from a caesarian?

Hi, can anyone give me good advice or recommend me websites for info about recovering from a Caesar? I delivered my baby girl by caesar almost three weeks ago and I'm feeling great but I want to start my body on the road to physical recovery.


Anything from good light excercises to homepath teas or creams, anything! What did you/your spouse/your sister....etc... do?





I am very fit (or was) and now I feel good, I can almost touch my toes again. Of course I dont want to over do it and cause my self serious injury, but I want to get back to my old fitness level (or atleast close to it)!





xxx thanks!!Good advice and/or websites for recovering from a caesarian?
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.i sounds as though are doing fine.There are several areas to cover.


You have had an operation so firstly your abdominal wound has to heal.By the nature of a caesarean operation they heal very well.So walking gradually increasing the distance over the next 3-5 weeks and your scar will have healed fine. you then gradually get back to your old exercise regime.do it at your own rate.


Your uterus will shrink back to its prepregnant size very quickly ,especially if you are breast feeding.it will have a small scar in from the caesar.This will not cause you any problem(your next pregnancy will need to be discussed with your doctor-management depends on why you had caesarean)


Post natal examination and babies check up /first injection will be at about 6weeks(UK).just to check all is back to normal.also discuss contraception. If you have intercourse before postnatal-use contraceptives-whether you have period or notGood advice and/or websites for recovering from a caesarian?
Let your body heal on its on there's no rush. Most doctors believe it takes the body 2 years to heal after a pregnancy.l
Ms Spunk,


Slow down, allow your body to begin it's own healing! Quit being so spunky and get the necessary rest so you can recooperate fully. You can actually cause more damage and put the body into shock after having had a baby. Some light exercise you could do WHILE IN BED is just do slight leg lifts with a pillow firmly placed against the belly. As you lift your legs, push the pillow against the belly for support and prevention of straining the muscles. Anything else, I wouldn't recommend because your body is still healing itself. Hope this helps and you get the needed rest. I don't want you to experience any setbacks by being too spunky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment